Re: isystem winIDEA

> I am not aware about winIDEA, but for source debugging with their debugger,
> either they should support GNUtools ARM ELF format (different from ARM's
> one),
> or they can drive GDB directly. (Or upside down, GDB driving their JTAG
> engine, but this is very unlikely with comercial products !).

ARM ELF is supported. But when I use gdb and RedBoot there are the "load" and "continue" commands. I see I can use the JTAG interface to load the code to the target ram. But what is the equivalent to continue? And what happens to the standard output (printf) for the example files? With gdb it's displayed on the terminal. Do I have to leave out Redboot/gdb when I'm building the ecos library?

> If winIDEA is able to get full symbolic information from GCC generated elfs,
> and is scriptable, might be you could write your extends for thread
> inspection...
> (If I remember well, this is the used path with lauterbach)

Do you have further information how this could be done?

Regards,
Dirk