Re: eCos init function ??

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 06:15:22PM +0530, Chaitanya Huilgol wrote:
> Can somebody tell me which is main entry function for eCos. I am trying to
> debug an application which has entry function cyg_start but it hangs even
> before that. I have put a breakpoint at cyg_start but this never reaches. So
> I want to start from eCos init function.

Depends on how you define the init function. For ROM startup eCos is
linked to the reset vector, so at power up eCos runs imeadiately.  A
RAM setup is very similar, but instead of being directly called by the
hardware on a reset, the same entry point is used but called from a
bootloader.

Have a look at the hal arch vector.S file for what every target you
are using. eg for arm, have a look at hal/arch/current/src/vectors.S.

There are parts of the startup code you cannot single step
through. These are the parts which play with the vectors used by
single step. Otherwise you can debug the rest of the code using gdb.

       Andrew