Re: socketpair missing in 2.0?

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 10:31, Andrew M Hoerter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm porting an application to eCos (using 2.0 release) that makes use of
> the socketpair() call provided by the BSD TCP/IP stack.  This function is
> described in the eCos documentation, so I would think it's available, and
> indeed the prototype is obtained by including <network.h>; but at link
> time ld complains about an undefined reference to socketpair.  I'm using a
> very slightly modified form of the "net" configuration template as my .ecc
> configuration file, so I think my config is okay, but I'm open to
> suggestions there.
>
> Grepping the eCos source tree didn't turn up anything that looked like an
> implementation of socketpair, either (aside from sys_socketpair?  Not sure
> of its significance).
>
> Any ideas?  Something obvious I'm missing?

This function does seem to have gone missing from the BSD network stack.
However, it does bring up a point - this function is really designed for
creating a socket/pipe which can be shared between two processes.  Since
eCos is not process oriented, why would you want to use it?

Also, why are you using a modified "net" template?  There are much
better ways to adapt/tune your configuration than changing common
files like the template.

--
Gary D. Thomas <gary.thomas@mind.be>