Re: PCI arbiter settings

mohanlal jangir wrote:
I have tried a lot for sending and receiving  packets with ARM Integrator
board but unsuccessful so far. Can this be because of PCI arbiter settings?
I am new to PCI arbiter settings. Can somebody tell me how to (and what to)
change PCI arbiter settings. For completeness I mention, I am able to run
pci1 and pci2 test properly and the pci1 test is able to detect the Ether
Pro card on PCI expansion slots. But I am not able to send packets out and
get error "SIOCIFADDR: Device not configured". Apparently RedBoot is also
able to detect card and displays MAC address but not able to ping to some
host.

Unless you have any particular reason to think its the PCI arbiter settings, I wouldn't have thought that's one of the more likely options. RedBoot may be simpler to debug... the most obvious thing is whether you've set it up with the correct IP details, i.e. address, mask, gateway IP address. It would certainly help to test if your machines are on the same IP subnet (and implicitly ethernet segment). Or alternatively you should check that RedBoot gets an address from the BOOTP/DHCP server if you're using that.

RedBoot should report its net details at startup.

After that you can try playing with the various debug options.

Jifl