Re: PCI Ethernet card

Eric Doenges wrote:

So, if there is an Ethernet card that eCOS supports, please let me know.

Check what drivers eCos has for your platform. My source repository
lists a single driver for the Atlas, the SAA9730 (which seems to be onboard). However, you should be able to adapt an existing driver to
work with your board with minimal to low effort. Take a look at the
Intel 82559 driver and how it is used for the i386/pc platform in
eCos. The chip itself is found on Intel EtherExpress Pro/100 cards,
and should be availible just about everywhere.

http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/hardware.html#ethernet has a list of some of the chipsets (although there are more).

A cheaper card would be any RealTek 8139-based card, but I'm still
developing the driver for that chip, so unless you want to be on the
bleeding edge and help me debug the driver, I would pass this one by
for now.

Search the ecos-patches mailing list archive. Also there's an NE2000 driver at http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/contrib.html, but that won't be able to be included in the eCos sources for licence reasons. Similarly <http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2002-07/msg00002.html> / <http://www.vsr.si/ecos/patches/rtl8019.html>

Jifl