Re: Recommended gcc version for 1.0?

Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> writes:

> When did big-endian ARM gcc users become second-class citizens?
> I swear that for 2.95, doing a "confgure --target=arm-elf" used
> to work just fine.

This was done to keep the number of different versions of the
libraries down. Each new option doubles the number that have to be
built. If you are not careful you get an exponential explosion. Since
very few of our supported ARM boards are big-endian, we elected to
leave that option out of the standard build.

At least that is my understanding. I expect a toolchain expert will be
along in a minute to provide any corrections.