Re: Help with floppy start up type

<praveena@netindial.com> writes:

> I did try with the Redboot and I could boot redboot on my system. But when
> I am trying to connect from the host system with i386-elf-gdb(target
> remote /dev/ttyS0) , I am not able to connect(I get: ignoring packet
> Continuing.....& then malformed response). Not able to load the file from
> minicom too......
>
> Can yu please specify what the above error means.....Is the serial
> connection not established properly or ??????

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list.

Do you get the RedBoot prompt when connected with minicom? If so, are
you connecting GDB at the right baud rate? Try the following command
before connecting:

(gdb) set remotelogfile gdb.log

After the connection fails take a look at the file gdb.log and see
what was being passed across the link, this may give you a clue as to
what is going on.