Re: building for flash

On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 14:22, sensitron medical wrote:
> I would like to build my application for flash, but I
> use a JTAG ICE instead of Redboot. I have the recipe
> for downloading to flash with my ICE. I need help with
> the tools for building my application+ecos so that the
> image can be programmed directly into flash with my
> ICE. I am pretty sure that I can't just take my
> arm-elf-gcc generated image and burn it.

You'll need to configure your program for ROM startup.
If this is not a standard platform, you'll also have to port
eCos to the platform, taking special care in the MLT setups
and hardware initialization code.

ICE is nice, but why not just put RedBoot into FLASH once
and then develop your code?  Even if you want to deploy
your application in FLASH only, this mode can be a real
time saver.  Also, given RedBoot's flexibility, writing
your application as a RAM program, loaded from FLASH at
boot time could be another answer.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates