Unexpected x86 config problems

Hi,

in spite of being long time eCos user on several platforms, I have problems to figure out the right configuration for x86 PC. I tried at least 50 different permutations of templates, packages and options that could be related to various problems I've had, but without full success yet.

What I'd like to have is the following setup:

* Redboot with GRUB startup
* Application library with network support and RAM startup for download/debugging via GDB (using the previously GRUB-loaded Redboot)

Redboot works fine for me, and I can download and start the application, but then I have various problems. (For now I think it's better not to describe them, since I probably just have misconfigured something and don't want to spread confusion.)

The Application library has (of course) been given a memory map that doesn't conflict with Redboot.
I've read all x86 specific docs.
Also I've tried the nice demo floppy of the Seminole Webserver running under eCos, which works fine (thanks a lot!)
The x86 PC has an i82559 compatible ethernet card. Using Ethernet for debugging would be nice, but serial will do.

I wonder if anyone here also uses the above setup (Redboot/GRUB + application/network/RAM + GDB) with eCos release 2.0 and would kindly send me his configuration files for a try? Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,
Peter