Round robin scheduler question

I'm having problems with round robin scheduling with the multi-level queue
scheduler so I knocked up a simple test....

I have a system with a monitor task (TaskA).

TaskA creates 2 equal priority tasks (TaskB and TaskC) that simply loop,
each incrementing their own volatile global counter. TaskB and TaskC have
lower priority than TaskA.

Task A also creates another high priority task TaskD. TaskD priority is
lower than TaskA but higher than TaskB and TaskC. TaskD periodically polls
for Control-C input on the monitor. It polls every NNN clock ticks.

TaskA periodically (every couple of secs) dumps the contents of the 2 global
counters until it sees a Control-C flag set by TaskD, at which point it
kills TaskB, TaskC, and TaskD.

I have the multi-level queue scheduler enabled and the scheduler timeslicing
every 5 clock ticks.

If NNN is greater than or equal to 5 TaskB and TaskC round robin schedule as
I expect.

But if NNN is less than 5 TaskC never runs.

Is this the expected behaviour? Or have I inadvertently set something in the
ecos config to get this behaviour?

I expected TaskB and TaskC to get equal time despite neither ever having a
full 5 clock ticks timeslice.

cheers,

Ian

CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

This message and any attachment is confidential and is protected by
copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, please email the sender or
telephone +44 (0)1442 213440 and delete this message and any attachment from
your system. Dissemination and or copying of this email is prohibited if you
are not the intended recipient.

We believe, but do not warrant, that this email and any attachments are
virus free. You should take full responsibility for virus checking.

No responsibility is accepted by FUJIFILM Electronic Imaging Limited for
personal emails or emails unconnected with FUJIFILM Electronic Imaging
Limited's business.