interrupt handling -- basic problem?

Hi!

I want to do very simple task in ecos: attach ISR to UART, so it would
be called on DCD signal transition. My problem is that it doesn't work.
I'm sure there should be interrupts -- I have checked them in similar
way on QNX.

In fact, I can't get my ISR working on any interrupt -- it's i386,
ecos library build by 'ecosconfig new pc default', only changed to
boot from GRUB (I use etherboot with multiboot image support).
I have serial cable on COM1 (so I see output with minicom) and two
wires attached to COM2 to generate IRQ.

I was trying to attach my ISR to IRQ4 (which is COM1, the same, which
generate interrupts while transmitting data to my minicom), but can't
get it working too.

So I have tried to check with HAL_INTERRUPT_IN_USE, which return 1 for
all my IRQ! Docs says, that I can't attach ISR to if there is already
one defined. So how to do this? Should I remove serial package?, but
how then redirect my printf's on VGA console?

Thanks in advance.

--
Piotr Trojanek