Re: Restoring boot/ecos on a AEB-1 using JTAG/Wiggler?

Carlos Sobrinho wrote:
I tried building a gdb stubs to load in RAM but when I uploaded to the board
using gdb remote and a wiggler jtag cable it downloads but nothing happens.
I already thought in making a application, download it to external RAM and
execute it but I am missing the ram/flash remap, the how-to and any init of
the board.

See hal/arm/aeb/current/include/hal_platform_setup.h

I did ... for the stubs
$ecosconfig new aeb stubs
	U CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR, new inferred value 0
$vi ecos.ecc
	changed CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_AEB_REVISION to
	:user_value C
	changed CYG_HAL_STARTUP to
	:user_value RAM
$ecosconfig check
	Target: aeb
	Template: stubs
	No conflicts
$ecosconfig tree
$make
	(snip...)
	build finished
and I can find the gdb_module.img in the install/bin directory
after I upload it to the board using gdb and execute it nothing happens so I
guess this is not enough.

The "stubs" configuration is built to run from specific addresses in RAM. You should make sure it is loaded to the right addresses.

If you have a BDM, you should easily be able to single step by instruction (stepi in GDB) to see where you get to.

Jifl