Re: REGISTER_BYTES undeclared !!

> /tmp/migdb/gdb-5.3/gdb/multi-ice/server-main.c:621: `REGISTER_BYTES'
> undeclared (first use in this function)

Well, I could get around this problem by using an older gdb version. I
didn't receive this problem with gdb version 5.0 and now I am able to build
multi-ice-gdb-server successfully.
Before following instructions in section "eCos Thread debugging using
Multi-ICE" at http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/multi-ice.html, I was able to
single step in source and was able to do most of the debugging task except
"info threads", which was giving error "RMT_ERR: failed to get remote thread
list". To get rid of this, I recompiled the image following instructions in
section "eCos Thread debugging using Multi-ICE" but still getting same error
while trying to issue "info threads" at gdb prompt. Also I keep on receiving
one strange string "$T0athread:0000965c;0f:00000000;0d:00000000;#ad" on
HyperTerminal on any key stroke. Also I am not able to debug the source code
in this case and my breakpoints are not reaching (though it is accepting
request to put breakpoints).

Besides this problem, I have some basic questions regarding this.
1. Although I am able to run multi-ice-gdb-server following the instructions
at http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/multi-ice.html , but I am still not able
to understand how the things are working. I am running ARM Multi-ICE server,
multi-ice-gdb-server and arm-elf-gdb on my windows host. This host is
connected to target via Multi-ICE unit (through parallel port on PC and JTAG
on target) and my windows PC and target are connected via cross-cable to
exchange packets. I am not understanding how are they interworking and who
is doing what?
2. since gdb is connected through Ethernet, will eCos be able to send and
receive packets through same NIC? I am having one Intel Ether Pro card on my
PCI slot.

Regards
Mohanlal