SH3 ROMRAM version

I'd like to generate a set of  ROMRAM memory files (.ldi and .h) for the 7729RSE01 Hithachi SH3 solution engine board.  I'm using the eCos  2.0 77x9SE01 platform template.  I have had success building applications using the RAM memory model (using RedBoot and Insight to download my app).  I've also done a little with the ROM memory model (creating and burning RedBoot into the flash IC as well as a couple small test apps).

I've seen that there is some conditional assembly code in the SH vectors.S for ROMRAM, and saw that in the SH3 family only the EDK7708 has a ROMRAM option.  Does anyone know if the existing SH3 eCos codebase really supports ROMRAM?  It appeared to me that I just needed to generate the .ldi and .h files, telling the linker to relocate the ROM code to RAM and leaving 0x200 free at the start of RAM for virtual vectors.  I tried this and it did not work (the app compiled and an objdump disassembly looked like it was doing the ROM-to-RAM copy correctly, but the app did not come out of its startup code).  Does anyone have any insights?  Thanks.

Rod Campbell