Multiple thread support in eCos

Dear all,

I have a question about thread support in eCos. I have written a small program to test eCos threads. I am using Cirrus Logic EP7312 board for testing.

1. The program creates two threads thread_1 and thread_2 that continuously print integer values from 1 to 10 in while(1) so that the threads will not exit. The threads are being created in the main() function.

2. But when the program runs on the board. The application stops after printing the integers 1 to 10 from both the threads and nothing seems to be happening after that. The main() function is waiting on an event that never gets set. This has been done to assure that the main should not exit since the threads are running continuously.

I am thinking of using the above approach in a Bluetooth protocol stack porting application in which 7 serial port servers will be waiting on 7 threads for the incoming connections.

Here are my queries:
1. How do I know that multiple thread support has been enabled in the ecos kernel?

2. If not enabled, what are the steps to enable it?

3. Can multiple threads run simultaneously in eCos(scenario of multiple servers waiting for the incoming connections simultaneously)

4. Any clue why my appplication is not able to run multiple threads?

Any suggestions will be highly appreaciated.

Thanks & Regards,
-Ravi

http://www.operamail.com
Get OperaMail Premium today - USD 29.99/year