RE: Replace eCos idle thread

> Can you please indicate what kind of situation you have at
> hand where you don't use time-slicing in eCos and (correct me
> if i inferred it wrong) have MLQ scheduler with requirements
> of a idle thread at each level. May be listers can provide
> better solutions for your situation.
>
> regards
> sandeep

In my current project i have very close to 32 threads and since i need
them to run on separate priorities then i am starting to hit the roof of
the max number of allowed priorities. Since i have my own idle thread in
the system, which makes some work when the system is idle, then i dont
need the deafult eCos thread. Currently the default eCos thread is just
taking up one priority level which i need to use for other purpose. As i
understand, eCos will start up the idle thread where the function used
is a function within ecos (hal_idle_thread_action). However, in my case
i dont want this thread in the system.

As i see it, i have two choises. The first is to make a function call
from the default idle thread to the application provided idle thread
function. If i do this then i dont have to startup my own idle thread.
The second alternative is to replace the creation of the default idle
thread and instead let eCos start the idle thread but with my idle
function as an argument....but i dont think that this is possible.

Ideas?

Regards, Daniel Lidsten