Re: PCI Ethernet card (DHCP issue)

Andrew Lunn wrote:
On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 12:53:41AM +0000, Michael Anburaj wrote:

Hi,

The DHCP protocol was successful with Redboot, but fails with ecos. After analyzing the packet captures using ethereal, I found some differences in the "DHCP Discover" packet --> under Bootstrap protocol --> BootP Flags = 0x8000 (in case of ecos) & 0x0000 (in case of redboot).

Redboot uses BOOTP and normally eCos uses DHCP. This could be the flag
that differentiates between the two.

I'd just like to add here that ethereal claims this is the 'broadcast' flag - since I'm no expert on BOOTP/DHCP, I don't know what this means exactly.

In the case of redboot, the DHCP server (RH9 running my dhcpd.conf) responds with the DHCP offer soon after seeing the DHCP discover packet. But in case of ecos it responds 4 times after 4 DHCP discover packets.

Please suggest me a way to debug this issue.

Put some breakpoints in do_dhcp. One on each recvfrom will probably
do. Run the code and see why its dropping the replys.