Re: PCI Ethernet card (DHCP issue)

Hi,

Thanks to Andrew & Eric.

The problem was with the atlas pci definitions.

HAL_PCI_TRANSLATE_INTERRUPT() macro of plf_io.h was not complete. I fixed it & the eth interface works fine now. I will send the patch for it soon.

Questions: 1. The ethereal debug info showed the following: From MIPS board: DHCP discover From MIPS board: DHCP discover From MIPS board: DHCP discover From MIPS board: DHCP discover From RH9 host: DHCP Offer From RH9 host: DHCP Offer From RH9 host: DHCP Offer From RH9 host: DHCP Offer

This got me confused. It looked like the host was not responding for some reason. But, actually the MIPS board was dropping packets, because of the PCI INT vector setting. The above ethereal info does not make sense to me.

I feel it must have been like this,