Re: how to read from serial port 2 !!

> mohanlal jangir wrote:
> > I want my application to read from serial
> > port 2 (serial port 1 can't be used as gdb doesn't allow this while
remote
> > debugging). How can read from serial port 2?
>

> - Reroute stdin/stdout to serial port 2 by setting the default console
>    device to /dev/ttyS1 and then use the normal stdio C library
>    functions.
I did change CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CONSOLE_CHANNEL_DEFAULT to 1 (serial
port 2) while left CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_DEBUG_CHANNEL to 0(serial port
1). But still printf messages coming on serial port 1 where gdb is
connected.

>    In order to do this, you must enable tty support for port 2
>    with configtool.
Do I need to change anything else apart from the above mentioned changes.
Inside "serial device drivers" package, I see options like "TTY mode channel
#(0-2)" etc. But these are not selected for any channel, so I don't think I
need to select any of them for serial port 2.

> - Open the appropriate device file using POSIX file IO calls. This will
>    require including the appropriate packages for POSIX file IO. Please
>    note that while I believe this should work, I've never tried it
>    myself.
I don't know, which is appropriate device file for serial port 2. I tried to
look into redboot code and found use of macros like
CYGACC_CALL_IF_SET_CONSOLE_COMM but did not find their definition. Where are
they defined? Where should I look for * appropriate device* for serial port
2

Regards
Mohanlal