debugging rtc clock counter value

Hi,
    i have programmed my timer for 10 micro sec rtc resolution, and
hence my CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_NUMERATOR is 1000000 and the
CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_DENOMINATOR is 100.  my clock speed is 48Mhz and
using the 16 bit pre-scale , i have calculate my rtc time period as
30000.
     i have enabled the overide default clock setting in the ecos kernel
package..after doin all this, i m having problems in testing the
clocktruth.cxx program sucessfully. i have reported this problem quiet
no: of times but, couldn`t get any response on this issue..

   on reading the rtc->counter_value_lo() , i always get a 0 value and
it never gets updated..i have no idea whatz the problem..some one help
me how to debug this issue..

  is this the problem with some initialization routine in the clocks or
alaram functions..? in the kernel src..!

thanks
satish

--
Satish Kumar <satish@bvt.sc.sanyo.co.jp>