Re: serial.c problem !!

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 05:50, Dinesh Kumar wrote:
> thread simple_prog doesn't exit properly in example
> file serial.c The function simple_prog executes
> properly but I lose gdb control after it calls
> thread->exit(). The system keeps on working (I can
> still ping to target) but I can't give Ctrl-C fromm
> gdb prompt.

This is a known problem - if you run the serial device driver
(devs/serial/...) on the same port as is used by GDB, then
control-C doesn't work.  It has to do with how ^C is detected
and no good solution has yet come forward.

In your case, probably it would be a good thing to set a
breakpoint at exit().

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates