Re: THUMB/eCos application did not run in AT91

( I forgot to send this message also to the list, this is the same anwser as
Laurent GONZALEZ gave)

>> I loaded the application in the ATMEL EB55 board with gdb/redboot and
>> executed 'continue'. The application which should only printf a message
>> didn't run and hang.

I noticed the same behaviour (I did this a while ago). The problem lies in the
fact that the application uses the debugger for printf.
And the debugger is *not* compiled with the interwork flag. You two options:

- recompile and install redboot as arm + thumb-interwork target. This way you
can debug thumb + thumb-interwork targets. Note that the debug stub (read
redboot) cannot be compiled (yet?) with thumb. It crashed.

- do not use the debugger stub. if you debugged your application as an arm
target, remove all debugger support and try it as an thumb target.

What did't work for me is to let my application take over ALL debugging. While
this should be possible, the debug stub doesn't work as an thumb target, so
until a brilliant mind can fix this, the debugger must run under the arm
instruction set with interworking enabled. (one way to fix this might be to
adjust the make files so the debug stub files are compiled with the arm
instruction set, and all others with the thumb instruction set)

Eric