Red Boot in a FLASH

Hello there, I'm new to the list. First of all, forgive me for my englishe since it is not my native language.

Now to the problem. The thing is I'm willing to replace some ethernet switch's flash with my own flash where I want to install Red Boot so it will then boot some linux image placed on some other flash of the system. Are my tougths correct ???

If anyboyd has done something similar to this, I'll really apreciate some help on how to do it or at least some steps that might help me.

thanks a lot

regards

lucas