Re: redboot elf loader

Gary Thomas wrote:
It may not even be possible for this to work at all, since that memory
may be actively used by the loader (hence the checks).
But problem(?) is that checks are performed on the VMA instead of LMA (as I expected).

I'd suggest that you leave this to your startup code.  Have it copy the
data from the VMA to the LMA - that's how we handle it in eCos.
It also exactly is what I do now, but it cannot be done with existing (redboot) code because loader prohibits definition of the VMA at the unknown (to the redboot) address.

Regards,
--
Artur Lipowski