From: Matthieu.GIRARDIN@fr.thalesgroup.com
[mailto:Matthieu.GIRARDIN@fr.thalesgroup.com]
Sent: 10 October 2003 07:32
To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: [ECOS] Memory problems (layout ...)

Hello guys !

1)

After having read your doc lines about memory mapping, I tried to change my
files mlt_* ...
I would like to have my RAM (2Mo) at addr "0" and my ROM (4Mo) at addr "4
000 000" .
So I tried to modify my rom.mlt. But it didn't generate a good rom.ldi and
rom.h ...
How can I do ?
I tried then to remove my rom.h rom.ldi, I believed that your makefile would
generate them again
but it didn't work.
In fact to sum up, with modified rom.mlt, the system didn't generate good
rom.ldi and rom.h so my target.ld isn't right !

2)

Another question: will I use after the previous step, a tool to transfer my
data section to rom from ram in order to flash them to my board ? Because
I've seen
in my nm file (powerpc-eabi-nm toto.elf) that, even if my mapping isn't
completely right (previous question), my data section is in RAM (addr 0 and
more) and not in ROM (addr 4 000 000 and more)

Please help me ...

Thanks by advance.

Matthieu

NB: when I said rom.mlt, you should understand mlt_..._rom.mlt. It was
shorter to write ... ;-)