ECOS Networking with Redboot on 8260

  I have just started working with ECOS and I am having a problem running
the network stack in both redboot and the kernel.

  I am using a Motorola 8260 VADS module and have built and installed
Redboot with the network stack. This appears to work properly. I then built
the ECOS library with networking and attempted to execute the standard
tests. The system will lockup and timeout when attempting to execute any of
the tests. The last message displayed in the output window is "Init device
'fec_eth'".

  If I rebuild the ECOS library without networking, most of the standard
tests will execute and pass. The tests that still will not pass are: cache,
cxxsupp, execept1, kexcept1, kcache1, kcache2. I think that "basic" and
"context" tests also fail, but I will have to rebuild and test again to
confirm this.

  I have searched the ecos-discuss archives and found a message that
indicated that the IP address used by Redboot and the kernel must not be the
same. I tried this, but it did not help. I am using fixed IP addresses, i.e.
no bootp or dhcp.

  My application will require the network stack, and I would really prefer
to debug over the network instead of the serial port.

  If anybody has any idea what I may be doing wrong, please let me know.

Thank you,
   David Oliveira
   doliveira@telco.com