Re: static class initilization order

Ottawa Guy <ottawaguy81@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I am trying to use malloc function from malloc.cxx
> file. Inside that file cyg_memalloc_mallocpool class
> gets initilized and there is an initialization
> condition on this class.
>
> Is there any gcc any flag I need to set to keep the
> proper initilization order.
>

> Right now when ever I use malloc in my code, my
> simulator just crashes, even though I am not making
> the actual "malloc" call. I figured this is  something
> to do  with my constructor.

If you are using a simulator then you can presumably just break in and
see what the program is doing. You should also be able to put a
breakpoint on the constructor and step through it to see where it is
failing.

What platform are you configuring for, and what simulator? Bear in
mind that the GDB simulator for most architectures is really there for
compiler development only, it cannot fully emulate the hardware of a
real board.