Ethernet driver question

Couple of silly questions, I like multiple choice:

1) When the HDWR_Send function is called, is there:
a) a valid FCS already at the end of the data?
b) 4 bytes where the FCS should be, but expects the hardware to change it on the way out
c) No FCS, expects the hardware to append an FCS

(Our hardware can generate an FCS, so would save some cycles if the FCS were not generated in software)

2) When HDWR_recv is called to get a packet, does it expect a valid enet frame including MAC address, and FCS on the end, or does it want those stripped off? I imagine the former is correct, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks,

-John Newlin