Re: POSIX timer callback context

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the feedback.  I see the motivation behind
making this a configurable option: technically there
are two different behaviors that one could choose from
here.

But I guess I'm trying to figure out what the option
would really be asking you to choose.  POSIX doesn't
really define a behavior here and the current
implementation just arbitrarily returns any thread
that  can service the request.  In other words, there
is currently no behavior here that a user application
could really depend on (other than perhaps that a
"randomly" chosen thread will receive the
notification).  Although the new behavior is more
deterministic, it neverthless doesn't really change
the expected behavior for *existing* apps.  They still
will "get what they get" with respect to which thread
gets the notification.

As for your point #2 about the thread exitting: yes
you're right.  I mistakenly thought the pthread_info's
were stored in a static table.  Turns out they are
allocated on the process's stack.  I will look at
fixing it in the way you recommended.

Thanks,

--
Dan Jakubiec