Re: Redboot crashes on IXP425

> Hi,
> I am trying to run Redboot on Intel IXP425. I am using
> Kings Canyon III board. I am using Raven to download
> redboot_RAM.elf

> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/boards/redbootbins/ixdp425/

The ixdp425 port probably wouldn't work on that board in any
case. The GRG/Coyote port is probably a better fit, but no
guarantee there, either.

The RAM based RedBoot expects the MMU to be on and the memory
map to be set up a certain way. This is really not the best
situation. It is historical because the first XScale port had
to turn the MMU on early in the ROM startup to scrub ECC memory.
So, the RAM startup code for that port assumed the ROM startup
would have the MMU on. The IXP4xx and PXA based ports don't use
ECC, so the RAM startup for those could (and should) setup the
MMU and pagetable rather than relying on the ROM based monitor
to have done so.

--Mark