Re: printf output

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 05:36, Rini van Zetten wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have ported ecos to our hardware and seems to work. Although i have some
> (beginners) question on the printf output.
>
> Our hardware has two serial ports. After reset both ports outputs the
> Redboot info and on both ports i can enter Redboot commands.
> But when i connect gdb to one port and use the hello world sample the output
> is send to the debugger instead of to the other serial ports.
> Can somebody give me some pointers where and how i can change this ?

The output from 'printf()' is directed to "/dev/ttydiag".  Simply
configure this to be a port other than the default diagnostic port.

Note: RedBoot normally supports I/O on all available channels.  When it
starts up, output will be duplicated on all channels until there is
input detected from one.  At that point, that channel becomes the
primary diagnostic "console" and there will be no more diagnostic output
on any other channel.  This behaviour is configurable (i.e. you can
rebuild RedBoot such that this mode is turned off).

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates