Re: ecos porting to x86

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 11:49:59AM -0500, Mark Grosberg wrote:

> > The X-port is the lantronics "computer in an RJ-45 jack"
> > thingy, right?  The sales pitch for that one is: if you've got
> > room for an RJ-45 jack, you can add a web-server to your
> > product.  It seems mainly to be aimed at the retro-fit market.
>
> Hmmm. But how complex of an interface can this thing present?

Not sure what you're asking, but besides the Ethernet, it has 3
I/O pins and a serial port.

http://www.lantronix.com/products/eds/xport/index.html

AFAICT, it comes with an OS, TCP/IP stack, web-server, TFTP and
telnet support, etc.  I don't know what OS or stack is
included, but the web site claims there is one.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com