Re: Angst-ridden eCos newbie trying to build HTTP server (Gary Thomas?)

> First I tried to set up the kernel:
> mht@linux:~/work> cd httpd_test
> mht@linux:~/work/httpd_test> cd ecos_kernel
> mht@linux:~/work/httpd_test/ecos_kernel> ecosconfig new i386 net
> ecos.db: error
>     couldn't read file "/home/mht/work/httpd_test/ecos_kernel/ecos.db": no
> such file or directory
> Invalid package database.

Set the environment variable ECOS_REPOSITORY to your packages
directory. Thats where the ecos.db lives.

> I used the eCos GUI and I was able to build it. One question I have at this
> point is: Should I set the startup type to floppy or leave it at ROM?

Floopy.

> Anyway, on to the next step. I unzipped the necessary files and patch...now I
> ?m trying to set up the application. (NOTE: My work directory sits outside
> the eCos structure, at /home/mht/work...could this be an issue as well?)
>
> mht@linux:~> sh /opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/examples/build_Make.params /home/mht/work/
> httpd_test/ecos_kernel
> Not an eCos install tree
> usage: <eCos_repository>/build_Make.params [<eCos_install_dir>]

The install tree is normally inside work tree with the name install. To try

mht@linux:~> sh /opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/examples/build_Make.params /home/mht/work/httpd_test/ecos_kernel/install

etc

        Andrew