Re: No zlib crc32 support?

Would there be any objection to including it (meaning the 'official' zlib version of crc32) in the
zlib package anyhow?  In my case (and I would think many others), it makes what I'm doing completely
portable between Linux and eCos without having to ifdef for eCos.

Steve

--------
"Space is almost infinite.  In fact, we think it is infinite."  -- Dan Quayle

                      gary@mlbassoc.com
                      Sent by:                          To:       SStrublic@hypercom.com
                      ecos-discuss-owner@sources        cc:       ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
                      .redhat.com                       Subject:  Re: [ECOS] No zlib crc32 support?

                      12/09/03 01:45 PM

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 13:25, Steve Strublic wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm working on a little project to perform validation of a data set, and planned to use zlib's
crc32
> call to validate the data.  Much to my surprise, I found that eCos does not support the crc32
> call--apparently, on purpose.
>
> Would someone be so kind as to explain why this is the case?  I know I can use Adler32 as it's
> supported, but I'm just wondering why crc32 isn't supported.

Actually, I think it's just not duplicated in the ZLIB package.
CRC32 is available in the CRC package.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates