JFFS2

I am interested in building an embedded application using the eCos, but
I have some questions about it.. I read that one of the file systems
that is supported is JFFS2 but the question is, if it is a file system
that runs only over a flash device (can I have a JFFS2 file system on
DiskOnModule?)
On the other hand, I wonder if  JFFS2 is well protected over power fails
(I mean if the file system avoid losing information after the power
fail) ?

I would be grateful if anyone help me with this questions..

Thank you in advance,

Eduardo Sabaj