Re: problem using SMC1 serial port of A&M Rattler as console

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 21:12, agyhoo wrote:
> Just wanted to query this board to see if anyone has
> experienced problems using the SMC1 serial port of the
> Rattler's MPC8250 as the console.
>
> I set the console device to /dev/tty0 and mapped the tty
> device to /dev/ser1 (the SMC1 port) using configtool. When
> I build the Hello World application using this build of
> eCos, nothing is printed.
>
> When I do the same by setting the console to /dev/ttydiag
> and disabling the serial hardware drivers, I am able to see
> the Hello World message.
>
> Any ideas as to what is going on here? I am not sure if the
> HAL diagnostic channel (which as far as I can tell also
> uses /dev/ser1 is interfering with the hardware driver. I
> tried delecting the /dev/ttydiag driver but got the same
> results.
>
> Any tips, pointers will be greatly appreciated.

I just tried this and it seemed to work for me.  Here's what I did:
  % ecosconfig new rattler
  % ecosconfig import serial_test.ecm
  % ecosconfig tree
  % make
I then linked this kernel with a simple "hello world" test program.

How new are your sources?  My testing was, of course, against the
most up to date CVS.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates