Re: support for mpc8xx in little endian mode

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 11:14:08AM +0000, jeansha wrote:
> Any option to build ecos for MPC8XX in little endian mode???
> I tried -mlittle and -Xlinker -EL options in the CFLAGS. but gets the error
> /Env/gnu/target/ver2/sun-solaris/powerpc-eabi/powerpc-eabi/bin/ld:
> cannot open elf32-powerpcle: No such file or directory

You are on Solaris i presume. Did you build the compiler yourself
since Solaris is not one of the normal hosts eCosCentric produces
binary tool chains for. It looks like your build missed out the little
endian parts of the compiler.

if there is a different target to build gcc for little endian powerpc.
Having not done this before there is little also i can suggest. Maybe
Bart has a better idea.

       Andrew