Re: eCos application using USART

Thanks a lot,
but one question, can i use these POSIX functions to write a new serial protocol( with different signals level, acknowlegments etc). I think that this link is only for the RS232 serial protocol isn't it?

I have to connect a device with a Linux PC through the AT91EB40A. There must be a eCos interface running on the board to communicate the device (which uses this new protocol) with it(through the other serial protocol but with an adaptor) and then the data received must be sent to the Pc linux(using RS232). How does ecos make the flow control, harware or software?

thanks in advance