Re: Support for Motorola MCF5282

Alex Schuilenburg wrote:

Michael Christmann wrote:

Hello all,

I would like to use eCos with a Motorola MCF5282.

Is there someone who has experience with the MCF5282 (or MCF5272) and eCos?

(When I read http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2003-08/msg00286.html it sounds like there is only a commercial version which is usable - is this true?)

Yes, this is true.

Just out of curiosity, not as criticism: How does that correspond to the license? I presume CPU support is part of eCos itself, so everyone could ask for the sources for no more than the copying charge. Or are these ports directly from the eCos copyright holders, using a second license for eCosPro? If so, what is the eCosPro license?

eCosPro is available for both the MCF5272 and MCF5282 and were both done from scratch. The contributed MCF5272 port in anoncvs is very broken (with no 5282 support either).

All the best Peter