Re: Using RedBoot ROM to load RedBoot Ram

On Thursday 12 February 2004 13:55, Mark Salter wrote:
> It probably isn't an alias in the RedBoot version he has in ROM. It sounds
> like he has the original RedBoot which was ported by some third party and
> shipped with early IXDP425 boards. It maps RAM at 0x10000000 which was a
> really bad idea.

The current RedBoot shipping with that board was ported
> by me and maps RAM 0x0 with an auxillary mapping at 0x10000000 for some
> backwards compatibility.
>
> What Dag should do is build a RedBoot ROM binary from CVS or get prebuilt
> binaries from Intel:
>

> http://developer.intel.com/design/network/products/npfamily/ixp425swr1.htm
>
> Use a device programmer or jtag utility to program that into ROM.
>
> --Mark

Yes it is true I have thr original redboot shipped with the ixdp425 board.
Am I correct if a interpret your post as it is impossible to get the new Redboot into
RAM with this old one.

I have tried the prebuilt Redboot 1.92 for ixdp425 but they fail the same way as mine.

Is there anyway I can change the memeory setup to get things into this old Redboot
or do I have to wait until the JTAG donge arrives?

/Dag