RE: ARM port: how to handle ROM at address 0 without MMU ?

Is this on a new board that you are designing or is it on an existing board?
What ARM processor are you using?

Every existing board I've seen has some way to swap the chip selects around
so that you can make RAM show up at address zero and ROM show up at whatever
address the RAM was at.

Sometimes this is built into the device itself.

If you are designing a new board around a device that doesn't support
swaping chip selects, then you might consider adding an external (fast) CPLD
to do the swapping for you.

HTH...

--wpd