Re: need help

A. Srinivas Reddy wrote:
Thanks for giving me the reply,

My aim is to run  client and server program in between target and
host(Linux).

first of all is it possible to do that?

I've tried like this

I've both client.c and server.c, I got the result when I ran between two
Linux hosts (one as a client and another as a server)

the same piece of code for server.c modified for eCos. now, I compiled
it through arm-elf-gcc, got server.x image. then, I loaded this
server.x  on to a target(redboot).

there i gave the command at redboot prompt 'go 0xXXXXXX

If the image format is ELF or SREC you shouldn't need to give an address I think.... just in case you're giving the wrong address!

How did you configure the board to get its IP address?

Do you have a serial console attached so you can see any diagnostic messages?

at the same time again i ran the client. c on my desktop pc using gcc
client.c and then ./a.out

I am thinking that both can interact, but after a few seconds, from
client.c gave the connection refused broken pipe has come.

to solve that problem what shall i do,

Go to first principles... using something like telnet can you contact the target's port. For that matter, as others said, can you ping it?

Jifl
Visit us at Embedded World 2004, Nürnberg, Germany, 17-19 Feb, Stand 12-449