Re: compile sub-directory

    Jay> When I add a compile statement to a package component like:
    Jay> compile myfile

    Jay> my code builds correctly. The source file is located in my
    Jay> source_dir/<PKG>/current/src directory and the object file is
    Jay> placed in my build_dir/<PKG>/current/src directory.

    Jay> If I instead add a subdirectory to my file, like:

    Jay> compile mydir/myfile

    Jay> things go wrong. Everything works right, except the object
    Jay> build directory (build_dir/<PKG>/current/src/mydir) doesn't
    Jay> get created, so the compile fails. If I manually create this
    Jay> directory, it all compiles fine.

    Jay> Looking for other examples of this subdirectory usage, I
    Jay> noticed the ethernet package
    Jay> (io/eth/current/cdl/eth_drivers.cdl) does this same thing,
    Jay> but it's subdirectories (one of net, lwip, stand_alone) do
    Jay> get created in the build directory. How/where does this
    Jay> happen? Does the CDL 'make' command suppress this activity in
    Jay> anyway?

Currently the subdirectory should get created as a side effect of the
first file to get compiled. See the pattern rules in
packages/pkgconf/rules.mak for the exact details.

If you have a "make" property with priority < than 100 (the
priority assigned to compile properties) than it is possible the
subdirectory won't yet exist at the time the custom build step gets
run. Instead the custom build step can create the subdirectory itself.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect