[Fwd: Re: X86 port]

Direct mail so I'm being brutal and passing this on for someone else (usual story: I don't do one-to-one support for free - that's how I earn my keep).

Jifl
March 30 - April 1, San Francisco http://www.esconline.com/electronicaUSA/
--- Begin Message ---
Jonathan,

I made the change per your suggestion. After the
change, my current settings in the .ecc file are:

Number of comm channels 3
Debug serial port 0
Default console channel 1
Diagnostic serial port 1
Output to PC screen is checked.

I am using the serial.c program from ecos.

I have added the code to check for any of the
following devices (similar to /dev/haldiag) to get the
handle.

err = cyg_io_lookup( "/dev/ser1", &handle );
    if (ENOERR == err) {
		        printf("Found /dev/ser1. Writing
string....\n");
		        err = cyg_io_write( handle, test_string,
&len );
    }

I am checking for /dev/serial0, /dev/serial1,
dev/ser0, dev/ser1

Only handle it can find is for /dev/haldiag.

My setup is as follows:
My host is connected to one of the serial ports of the
target.
Other serial port of the target is connected to
another PC. I am using the Hyper terminal of this PC
to talk to this other channel of the target.
Thanks,
Baljeet

--- Jonathan Larmour <jifl@eCosCentric.com> wrote:
> baljeet singh wrote:
> > All,
> > I have created the X86 (PC) target system with
> > ecos2.0. One of the serial ports on the target
> > platform is being used as diagnostic port for
> > downloading the code etc. using Redboot and other
> > diagnostic messages. I would like to use the other
> > port of the target PC for connecting to a Hyper
> > terminal to send data to the target board and send
> > some responses back to test the serial port
> functions
> > of the target board.
> > Besides writing a test code to get/send data to
> the
> > serial port, do I need to make any entries to
> DEVTAB
> > or this is already done when the library is built.
> >
> > How do I proceed with this?
>
> Try changing
> CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CONSOLE_CHANNEL to 1 in
> your eCos
> config.
>
> Jifl
> --
> eCosCentric    http://www.eCosCentric.com/    The
> eCos and RedBoot experts
>  >>>>> Visit us in booth 2527 at the Embedded
> Systems Conference 2004 <<<<<
> March 30 - April 1, San Francisco
> http://www.esconline.com/electronicaUSA/
> --["No sense being pessimistic, it wouldn't work
> anyway"]-- Opinions==mine
>

> --
> Before posting, please read the FAQ:
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos