Re: STLport with iostreams up and running

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 22:51, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> >>2. What C++ functions does STLport add to eCos?
> >
> > I don't know of anything that is missing.
>
> I see from the patch it isn't thread-safe (stl_user_config.h).

I'll see if I can't fix that.

> >>I know that it will add iostreams, but will it allow me to use
> >>try/catch exception handing inside my
> >>classes or even RTTI? I have read the online docs but it would be useful to
> >>make sure that it applies to the eCos port.
> >
> > Exceptions work(they don't require STLport). I've even added support for multithreaded
> > exceptions to eCos. Nobody has commented on the patch though.
> >
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-07/msg01657.html
>
> Probably because that patch breaks the user namespace,

I don't understand the statement above.

Could my patch be fixed?

> and in any case is for SJLJ exceptions.

Hmmm.... I don't know enough about exceptions to understand whats
implied with that sentence.

Can I enable pthreads and its form of exceptions on my AT91 EB40a with
the arm-elf toolchain from sources.redhat.com?

Øyvind