Re: Configuration Tool oddities

Hans Kester wrote:
I wonder if there is a new configtool around for cygwin. I am using the
one that shipped with eCos 2.0 and it is really a strange tool.
Some examples:

1. When trying to build a standalone application of type FLOPPY, you
have to choose FLOPPY as startup type BEFORE you save your project. If
you save the project first and then choose the FLOPPY as startup, it
simply won't boot! It took me a day to find this out.

It appears that the RAM -> FLOPPY startup change doesn't take effect. This is lame :-(. I've reported this in http://bugs.ecos.sourceware.org/ myself as I have an insight into what's happening. See bug 1000070 and add yourself to the CC list if you want to know what happens with it.

2. The vertical scroll bar can't reach the lower packages if one of the
higher packages is expanded.

After some playing on a window resized to be moderately small, I see this problem too. I can reproduce this by just clicking on "HAL" and then "Dynamic memory allocation" straight away after starting the config tool. I've reported this in http://bugs.ecos.sourceware.org/ as bug 1000071

3. If you do anything within the package pane while building the
library, the scrollbar flips around and all you can do is kill the
configtool and start again.

Other than the above problem, I haven't seen anything that fits this description. Can you report it at http://bugs.ecos.sourceware.org/ giving precise steps on how to reproduce it? i.e. what you clicked? That way we can get it fixed! Thanks.

4. Adding and removing packages results in a crash 95% of the times you
try it.

I can reproduce this by trying to add the zlib compression support, but it doesn't cause problems with all packages. Hmm. I'll add this to bugzilla myself as well.

I tried to build the tool with the latest sources, but I couldn't
download the wxWindows (or wxWidgets) sources that are needed. Has
anyone build a newer configtool for cygwin that I can download?

I don't think so.

So I'll put in three of the bugs to the bug tracking system if you could add the other one please with exact steps on how to reproduce.

Thanks,

Jifl
March 30 - April 1, San Francisco http://www.esconline.com/electronicaUSA/