Re: Running application from flash + flash filing system?

Lee Davies wrote:

I want to use an Atmel AT91FR40162 (2048K internal Flash, 256K internal RAM) with ECOS.

Due to the slight limitation in RAM I want to run my application from
FLASH, can ECOS do this?

Sure.

If it can, will ECOS still support the file filing system if the
application is flash based?

Hah, see the other thread about this that I replied to earlier talking about JFFS2 ("Re: JFFS2 success"). But your situation is worse than just the interrupt vector table. If you're running your whole application out of flash, then you'll have to make sure your flash functions are in RAM (most drivers should do this automatically) and be prepared to disable interrupts the whole time the flash operation is going on.

This will kill your real-time determinism but there's no alternative if your whole application is in flash.

Jifl
March 30 - April 1, San Francisco http://www.esconline.com/electronicaUSA/