Re: Running application from flash + flash filing system?

>> I want to use an Atmel AT91FR40162 (2048K internal Flash, 256K internal RAM)
>> with ECOS.
>> Due to the slight limitation in RAM I want to run my application from FLASH,
>> can ECOS do this?

Sure, no problem. However, debugging will be a problem as breakpoints cannot be set
dynamically.The best solution for debugging is to attach some extra ram to the
processor if possible. When your program is finished, move it to flash.

Maybe your program does fit in the 256k ram? My program is about 130k...

>> If it can, will ECOS still support the file filing system if the application
>> is flash based?

I do not know. Never used it. But theoretically yes, as the flash is divided in
sectors.

Eric.