Re: SIGIO signal

Jonathan Larmour <jifl@eCosCentric.com> schrieb am 04.03.04 04:07:33:

> Ricardo Andrino wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to know what packet should i add or what feature should i
> > enable to use the signal SIGIO in my program.
>
> eCos itself doesn't raise SIGIO, so unless you generate it yourself it
> won't happen. You can feel free to raise it yourself though - you could
> have a separate thread that does a select() and sends SIGIO when something
> is ready.
>
> > I would like to know too
> > how could i have ECHO when using the write() function? I am using POSIX
> > functions and i have ECHO when reading from a port but not when writing
> > on it. How could i make it?
>
> This doesn't make sense to me. If you're already write()ing to the file
> descriptor, where are you wanting the echo to go to?

I am making an application that always after the read() function calls a state machine:
while(1)
{
read();
statemachine();
}
so when i call the write() function the state machine should go forward and the possibility that i have seen is to use echo when writing.I could make it with ECHO when reading but i would like to know the other one.

I don't know if i have explained myself good, sorry if i don't.

Thanks in advance.