load fail to redboot via gdb

hi all,
I am new to ecos and failed to load a example program(hello or twothreads) to Redboot in a PC target via serial line.
gdb>set remotebaud 38400
gdb>target remote /dev/ttyS0
gdb>load twothreads
Ignoring the package error,continuing...
At the same time, the target screen became blank.
Is it the wrong with serial line?
However, I can use hyperterminal interact with redboot via serial line. And I can also made a example program image to PC floppy booter and succeed in debugging it via GDB. By the way, I can not see the printf output in GDB debugger. How should I configure it?
Redboot is the lastest version downloaded from Redboot Home.

Thanks in advance.

Liang Zhang, UESTC, CHINA